Monday, June 22, 2015

Romania 2015- Day 9

Day 9- June 21, 2015

I don’t feel terrible today!! My throat is still sore, but it is nice to feel better.  I really enjoyed this morning’s message in church.  He preached about how we shouldn’t worry, but trust in God.  He talked about 3 ways to avoid depression and worry: pray, think on the correct things, and live correctly.  He used Philippians 4:6-9 “Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things. Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.”  I felt like God gave the preacher this sermon party for me.  I tend to worry about things I can’t control and I have to remind myself sometimes to hand it over to God.  One verse that he mentioned that REALLY stood out to me was Psalms 94:18-19  “If I say, “My foot is slipping,” Your faithful love will support me, Lord.  When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.”  I needed the reminder that His love will support me and His comfort will bring me joy.  I only need to ask!  I love that God can speak to me when I really need it even in Romanian!!

For lunch Jessica and I went over to Ale and Liberut (aka Roots) house and his mom made us chicken and potatoes!  It was super yummy!  It was fun to experience a traditional Romanian family lunch.  I really enjoyed it!

After lunch, we went back to my apartment to hang out.  The internet didn’t reach to my room, so we tried going into the church to access it, but we didn’t have the password.  Instead we just sat around doing nothing until Bailey showed up to pick up Jessica to take her to Point of Hope.  I chose to take a nap! It was very cool in my room, so it was a wonderful nap!!

At 6pm, the church has an evening service.  I decided to attend that one as well.  Ale was a little silly, so we giggled quite a bit.  I had a hard time hearing her translate, so I didn’t catch what most of the message was about.  I did happen to hear this: the love of God is the most precious thing we have.  We have to guard it carefully. 

During the service they opened it for people to come sing, Mr. Libero led this group.  So sweet!!
After church they moved the internet router closer to the apartment so I would be able to have wifi in my apartment.  That made it possible for me to FaceTime my dad for Father’s Day.  It was good to see him!

Please be in prayer for our week, that we would be helpful for the staff and accomplish all God has for us.

1 comment: