Sunday, June 14, 2015

Romania 2015- Day 2

Day 2- Sunday, June 14, 2015

(We had no internet last night, so I'm posting this morning about yesterday! But back at home it is still yesterday, so figure that out!!! ;-) Time differences mess with my mind!)

Sunday:
We went to church at Gabi's church in TM.  It was a very nice, and very warm, service!  We sat up in the balcony and Gabi's cousin translated for us.  She did a great job!  The pastor preached about how Satan steal thing from us: our peace, our happiness, our family members, ect.  He then talked about how God can help you restore what was stolen.  One thing he said that I really like was that the enemy steals our peace, breaks us into little pieces and leaves us broken.  BUT God can put us back together, restore our peace, and protect us from the enemy.  BUT God. That's all you really need, the rest of the sentence is comforting but not necessary.  BUT God. He can save us from ourselves and never stops loving us.  BUT God.

After church we ate lunch at a new restaurant that Gabi wanted to try.  It was very warm inside, and the service took forever!  Then the food was only mediocre.  We decided if she wanted to bring teams there she needed to pre-order and avoid the Italian Chicken (which is what Jessica and I shared). Gabi really wanted desert, but since our meal took more than an hour to be delivered, we decided that desert should be attained elsewhere.  So on our way to Tarnaveni, we stopped at the mall to get ice cream.  Gabi said that she very rarely eats ice cream with the teams so we should feel special. We do! I got the caramel one and it was delish!!

I can't tell you much about the drive to Tarnaveni as I fell asleep fairly quickly.  Once we arrived, we checked into the hotel and then headed to the Point of Hope.  We unloaded all our materials and got set up for the week.  At one point Gabi and I left to go check out the apartment that I will be staying in.  It was fairly big by my standards and small by Gabi's.  I think it is going to work great!  Gabi says they will clean it up this week, then all we will need is a fridge.  I will be able to do laundry at Point of Hope or at Paul and Lumi's in the evenings.  There is also a couch, so if I have visitors we have a nice place to hang out!

We had dinner at a new pizza place that was delicious! Then we went back to the hotel... all in all a fairly good day!

Please be in prayer for our VBS that starts on Monday!  Pray that everything goes smoothly and that the kids learn something about Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment